Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Artists stop all jobs to mourn the Gansu mudslide souls as one heart


Artists stop all jobs to mourn the Gansu mudslide souls as one heart

China's Gansu mudslide had numerous casualties (more than 1,200 people now), the country made this the national mourning day. There's an uproar within the entertainment circle, all entertainment events held today (the 15th) are delayed, while a large number of artists are participating in the all star charity race, schedule to happen today. However, after yesterday's emergency meeting, the race is postponed to tomorrow (the 16th). Artists including Chilam Cheung, Aaron Kwok, Annie Liu, Athena Chu, Michelle Yip, Chin Ka Lok, Ekin Cheng and Niki Chow arrived for the race with their managers. However, they will have to stay another day to complete the race, also the organizers will hold a disaster relief activity.

Artists have a very busy schedule, Chin Ka Lok was first to promise he'll stay behind and joked: "I rejected several Western films, should be no problem. To be able to participate, I initially was suppose to participate in another race, a more professional one, but the car broke down!" First time participating in a car race, Chilam followed Ka Lok and joked along "I am known for being the 'never defeated' because I never participated in one before! I have always drove safely, but I think when the time comes, I don't mind being the last one."

Athena Chu: "of course I have to support the only one race. A national mourning day is necessary, audience and artists have to express their intentions. Last time when I participated in the race, I got into a car accident, so this time I will be extra careful."

Aaron Kwok: "I have work on Tuesday, initially I wanted to get back to Hong Kong on Monday to prepare, but now I decided to stay behind too. Actually besides participating in this all star charity race, I also participated in the John Forbes Kerry European-China series competition."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment